Introducing Essential Oils
We have used essential oils for many years now. Yet this year we have made an intention to go deeper and really invest in quality oils and study how they can be used best and what for. To see how they can be an integral part of everyday life, not just a drop of lavender oil in the bath once a week. The results have blown us away and I can't wait to share them with you.
In researching oil and sourcing them I followed some inspirational instagram posts from Elena Brower and her advocacy of doTerra. I decided to subscribe Yoga Beach House up and get a new source of essential oils, you can too by subscribing here. I have previously brought oils from Neals Yard Organic Remedies yet it I have found doTerra supply a better grade albeit more expensive. We still love NYRO for lotions as well as many other cool products, check them out here. From my research, doTerra came out on top with their therapeutic grade oils, strong community aspect and support.
A Family Essentials Kit starter pack with them costs about 120€ and includes 6 basic oils in it - lavender, tea tree, lemon, oregano, frankincense, peppermint and 4 blends deep blue, breathe, on guard, digestzen. Here are some of the simple ways I began to use the oils and the life changing results -
- 2 - 3 drops of Lavender in a diffuser in my daughter's bedroom 30 minutes before she goes to sleep. The results were astounding, she went straight to sleep and didn't call out for me for an hour after going to bed as she usually does.
- On Guard blend to boost our immunity, I put 1 drop on my daughter's feet (diluted with coconut oil) and 1 drop on my hands. She was starting with a cold that morning but by the evening no sign of a cold.
- 1 drop of Peppermint, Frankincence and Lavender on my temples for a headache (again diluted with coconut oil)
- 1 drop of Oregano on the soles of the feet during a kidney infection which cleared up in a few days
- 1 drop of Lemon oil in a litre of water to detox kidneys and liver
- 1 drop of Deep Blue blend diluted with coconut oil massaged into shoulders to relieve tension
- 1 drop of Frankincense added to face moisturiser morning and evening for a daily glow
We are falling in love with the oils. My young girl cutely remindes me to put lavender in her diffuser and On Guard on her feet before school. I can't wait to learn and share more ways to detoxify ourselves and our homes. If you are interested in learning more do comment or send us a message.