Practice happiness with 7 things that happy people do every day
Practice happiness. Why? Surely we all want and search for it. Will it be found in a new car, a new house, a new job, a new partner, a new dress? Probably not. However can it be created simply by following some simple daily steps? Here are 7 things that I do daily to ensure my own happiness that I'd love to share with you.
1) Be positive and look at the world through the eyes of possibility - We create our own reality through our thoughts. Therefore make them positive! See every moment as a chance for a new beginning, or a new thing to learn or a moment of pure gratitude for the miracle that is life.
2) Be a contribution to the world, to someone else’s life or your own life - Find something that you love to do and do it, contribute positively to the world and in doing so you will positively affect your own and other people's lives
3) Laugh at yourself - Never take yourself too seriously. Always look for the humour in every situation. Go on, "wanna dance with somebody?"
4) Take responsibility for everything in your life - We are master's of our own destiny, be the creator and not the created.
5) Accept things as they are and deal with the facts instead of getting overly concerned with emotions - This is a difficult one as it can be so easy to get caught up in the drama of a situation due to emotions getting in the way.
6) Give whenever you can - Whenever, whatever, however. Giving to others has been proven to make the giver happy.
7) Be of service to other people - Serving other people in any way that you can helps you to shift your thinking from ego to other. Once you put someone else's needs before your own you begin to see the world in an entirely different way, through the eyes of gratitude and suddenly your own problems don't seem quite so bad anymore.
Lets hope these steps will enable you to become happier in your own life today.