- You will have the opportunity to teach a 1 hour yoga class of your creation to the community under the guidance of one of the lead teachers. This is a unique opportunity to obtain hands on experience with members of the public. The Yoga Beach House operates as a Yoga Studio and runs daily yoga classes throughout the duration of the teacher training
- At Yoga Beach House we are surrounded by the beauty of the Atlantic coast so we practice yoga on the beach, swim daily in the sea at sunset and meditate to the sound of the waves. All these practices are designed to bring you more in touch with your true self and your intuition
- We offer headstand workshops which can take place on the beach or water, weather permitting
- We have an onsite 80 sq m yoga studio fully equipped with Manduka mats and props
- All meals are homemade using delicious fresh organic produce and you will have the opportunity to learn how to cook the recipes we use
- SUP Yoga or surfing lessons can be booked during your free time (supplement applies, weather dependant)
- You will create your own Yoga Project that you will launch once finishing the TTC with continued support from Yoga Beach House
- As we welcome you to live with us in our family home we keep the number of teacher trainees to a maximum of 6 during any TTC so you are supported every step of the way and even after completion of your TTC, you become a member of the Yoga Beach House family
- Yoga becomes your way of life as we live this way at the Yoga Beach House every day, not just during the training
- You will gain insights into yourself and the tools to grow personally
- You will learn what it means to teach with humility, compassion and integrity whilst maintaining your power
Comprehensive & Accredited Course
The Yoga Beach House Yoga Teacher Training 200 certification is a comprehensive yoga teacher training meeting the syllabus guidelines set out by the Yoga Alliance for Registered Yoga Schools.
Our teacher training concentrates on Classical, Vinyasa and Yin yoga poses, drawn from the both Swami Sivananda and T. Krishnamacharya lineages. The course is designed to provide a comprehensive foundation for teaching yoga skilfully with humility, compassion and mindfulness. The course also provides an in-depth study into the practices of yoga.
As a student you will be guided to become an ethical leader, encouraging self enquiry leading to embracing yourself with mindfulness and acceptance, cultivating a philosophy of oneness. For those of you who wish to teach, the training provides the tools to undertake this calling confidently whilst maintaining humility and mindfulness.
You will be encouraged to tap into your own creativity and intuition, enabling you to create and teach classes from your heart.
Learn how to live like a yogi
You will be fully immersed in a yogic lifestyle from Day 1 of the course living at Yoga Beach for the month. Room options include sharing a room with one other person, a private room with shared bathroom or a private ensuite room. House amenities and duties are shared amongst students and house residents as part of the course Karma yoga requirements. Homemade organic vegetarian daily brunch and evening meal plus drinks/fruit/snacks are included. We take full advantage of our beautiful surroundings practising classes on the beach, taking regular sea baths and meditating as the sun sets.
A typical day is as follows -
6h30 -10h Meditation, Asana Practice, Workshop
11h00 - 15h00 Workshops
15h00 Self Study/Karma yoga
18h00 - 21h Workshop, Asana Practice, Meditation
21h Optional sunset walk & sleepy tea/snack